Sunday, December 4, 2011

Green Berrie Smoothie

I tried my first healthy weightloss smoothie! It is so delicious that I had to share! Man, I'm on a roll today:) LOL

1 cup of frozen unsweetened blueberries
1/2 banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup (or big handful) of spinach leaves
1 tsp splenda (optional)
1 1/3 cup of water
1/3 cup of OJ (optional)

Place frozen fruit in first closest to the blade then the rest of the ingredients. Adding the water a little at a time until you reach the desired consistancy.

This smoothie is all healthy! I looked up every single ingredients and I am pumped at all of the health benifits! It is only 188 calories and every single one goes toward your health and energy! No empty calories here! Jackson LOVED it! I am SOOOO excited because I want a healthy family and this kid won't eat breakfast. Maybe He will now!

If you don't have or want the OJ then replace with water. Use more or less water depending on how you prefer the texture of your smoothie!

A smoothie is the perfect way to get all of the vegetables and fruits that you are supposed to be eating everyday. I know we could all do better in this area.

2 comments:

  1. Spinach leaves! What a good idea! I wouldn't have thought to put them in a smoothie! I like spinach :)
    Thank you honey!
    Love you so much xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it!! I dont like blueberries so I just doubled the strawberries and it was delicious. I put one splenda in it but I think I'll try honey tomorrow, because I already use 1 in my coffee in the morning and I know it's not good for you. Thanks Andrea, keep me coming when you ge them cause I'm def interested!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete