Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Asparagus side

Hi everyone, I 'm sorry for not posting in a long time. It will probably go that way since I don't always have something delicious to share:) Dave and I are dieting so everything I post from now on should be healthy:) LOL Tonight  I made BBQ chicken in the oven, brown rice, and asparagus! We love asparagus at our house. I tried something new with it tonight and it was delicious!

1 bunch of asparagus
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs butter
1 clove minced garlic
3 tsp lime juice
salt and pepper

Cut up asparagus and place into frying pan with all ingredients. Saute on medium heat for 10 minutes or until the texture that you like your asparagus;) Cover with a lid to keep moisture in and they won't dry out while they are cooking.

  I over cooked mine because I was waiting on my chicken to be done and it still was delicious! Just really small:(   I thought to myself, Why not put a side dish on here! It really pays to dress up your vegetables! LOL Makes a healthy chicken and brown rice dinner a lot more exciting! Hope you like it. I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great reminder about asparagus! I really like it a lot and forget to buy it! I have everything except the asparagus! ha! You eat good meals!
    Love 4ever, mommy xo Great side idea! :)

    ReplyDelete