Saturday, September 24, 2011

Easy Cheesy Chicken Chowder

I'm sorry that it's been awhile since I've put something on here. Dave has been gone and I don't cook much when he is:) lol  We tried this recipe tonight & LOVED it! It only fed us two so if you are cooking for more then definitely double it!

1 cup small broccoli florets (not cuts!)
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups chopped chicken
 1- 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of potato soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4ounces)
Dash of pepper

In a large sucepan combine broccoli, corn, water, onion, and thyme. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minustes or until vegetables are tender. Do not drain.

Stir milk, chicken, potato soup, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and the pepper into vegetable mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

I add a lot of salt to mine:) I we loved it but next time I make it I'm going to boil my chicken and then shred it. I just prefer it that way. I will also put a little more broccoli in it:) Hope you love it too!

I got this recipe out of my Better Homes and Gardens Easy Everyday Cooking book:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi my Sunshine! This sounds great! I always wondered what it was that made something a chowder! I stayed away from recipes that said that because I thought it was clams or some seafood thing! This is all good things! I I have some homemade potato soup I could use in this! I have the rest of the ingred. I like the corn in it! Thank you, honey! Love you, mommy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I just ate the last of it! The only thing I did was use leftover potato soup instead of the canned. I could eat this everyday! Doc didn't get any of it! I'll make some more real soon!
    This is so fun!
    I Love you, my Sunshine! xo

    ReplyDelete